Since Sega’s Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 arrived on the Nintendo Switch last December it’s been receiving a number of free updates. So far, we’ve got new modes, characters, and even Sonic the Hedgehog, and now the company has rolled out its third (and final) free content update for the game.
In the Switch version, this update includes four new characters, four new songs, a spectator mode and a super spicy difficulty mode. Here are the full details, courtesy of Gematsu:
- Four New Characters
- Harpy (voiced by Risa Taneda)
- Ragnus (voiced by Akira Miki)
- Legamunt (voiced by Yuuki Ishikari)
- Rozatte (voiced by Shuusaku Shirakawa)
- Cross-Generation Multiplayer – PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 users can now play together online. Various leaderboards are now also shared between PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
- Four New Songs
- “Koisuru Saikyou Kakutou Joou” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s Rulue battle
- “Puyo! Boss Manzai (Demo from Puyopuyo)” from Puyo Puyo!!‘s boss skit
- “Lets! Saishuu Puyo Shoubu!” from Puyo Puyo 7‘s last boss battle
- “Escape from the City – Cash Cash RMX” from Sonic Generations
- Spectator Mode – A “Spectator Mode” has been added to watch online “VS” and “Skill Battle” matches.
- Super Spicy Difficulty – “Super Spicy” bosses are even more difficult than the already difficulty “Spicy” bosses, but defeating them has a high chance of earning you a high level item card.
Have you downloaded this final major content update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2? Leave a comment down below.