A brand new side-scrolling platformer titled Stitchy in Tooki Trouble has been announced for Nintendo Switch, and it looks like Donkey Kong fans will feel immediately at home.
The game has you running, jumping, sliding, and gliding as Stitchy, a scarecrow who’s tasked with saving every last piece of stolen corn from the evil and troublesome Tooki. As you’ll spot in the new trailer above, the platforming action is split up into your typical side-scrolling sections, minecart rides, and boss battles, and developer Polygoat promises that you’ll discover “inventive enemies and intuitive controls” along the way.
Here’s a feature list:
– Colourful single player platforming fun
– Play on the go – jump in and out with ease
– Delightful all-ages arcade-style fairytale world
– Three worlds, each with nine levels, a boss battle, and a secret level!
– Inspired by classics like Donkey Kong and Crash Bandicoot – and we hope it shows!
We’re instantly reminded of games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair here, although we’ll have to wait to find out whether or not Stitchy can live up to those lofty heights. The Switch eShop notes that the game launches on 11th March, although we’re told that this isn’t quite set in stone just yet.
One to keep an eye on? Are you a fan of these types of platformers? Let us know with a comment below.