We all love a bit of Cyberpunk, even if it’s been a bit overdone in the past year or two. However it is a style that can be extremely cool when done well, and based on the trailer and details so far we think it’s worth keeping an eye on FORECLOSED, which is heading to Switch on 12th August (and it’s approved for PSN, in a surprise Cyberpunk twist).
Published by Merge Games and developed by Antab Studio (which seems to largely be the work of just two developers), it looks rather slick and will hopefully perform relatively well on Switch. Below is some PR blurb; the reveal trailer is age-gated so you’ll need to view that directly on YouTube.
- Slick Cyberpunk Action – FORECLOSED is a narrative-driven action-adventure set in a Cyberpunk world filled with action, suspense, and experimental augmentations.
- Interactive Comic Book – Everything from gameplay to cinematics is experienced within the stylistic framework of a graphic novel to make you truly feel like a comic book hero.
- Immersive Narrative – Follow the story of Evan Kapnos, his identity recently FORECLOSED, stripped of his job, brain implants, and access to the city Blockchain. He must now escape the city before his identity and implants are auctioned off…
- Hi-tech Combat – Modify your Symbiotic Pistol with an assortment of customisations that can be swapped out or even combined.
- Augmentation Upgrades – Discover and unlock brain implant abilities with an RPG-like skill system
Notably, it’ll cost £14.99 $/€19.99 on the eShop, but there’ll also be a physical retail version priced at $29.99/£24.99/€29.99 (that’s got a $5 ‘Switch tax’ on the equivalent PlayStation and Xbox physical editions).
One for the wishlist?