At the time of writing, the project has earned over $48,500 from backers, comfortably outdoing its target of $30,000 with ten days still left to go. With a Switch release now locked in, the project is headed towards a number of stretch goals – fishing and cooking features have already been unlocked, and voice acting is the next target.
If you need a quick recap, here’s an official description and feature list:
Beacon Pines is a cute and creepy adventure game within a magical storybook. You play as both the reader of the book and its main character, Luka. Explore the world to find word charms. Use your charms to change the course of fate!
Normal isn’t what it used to be. Glowing trees, shady corporations, running for your life, and never knowing who to trust. Welcome to Beacon Pines!
– Explore an illustrated mountain town to collect word charms
– Use those words to alter the story
– Use those words to make friends
– Use those words to weave the fabric of fate itself
– Open the magical book at any time to go back and change your decisions
– Beautifully illustrated art by Ilse Harting
– Original soundtrack by award winning musician Matt Meyer
The Kickstarter ends on 5th March, so if you’re interested in learning more about the project and giving it your backing, make sure to head over there and check it out before then.
What do you think? Will you be backing this one? Maybe one for the wishlist in the future? Let us know in the comments.