Fossil Games’ upcoming horror RPG Sunshine Manor isn’t landing on Switch until later this year, but we’ve been treated to an early sneak peek at what’s to come in a brand new video.
Described as “a true love letter to classic horror films of the 1980s”, Sunshine Manor has you taking on the role of Ada whose night of trick-or-treating turns into a night of terror. Ada finds herself trapped inside the old Aitken Manor, so it’s up to you to use her latent psychic powers to fight off demons and solve puzzles. Oh, and there’s also a Shadow Man “who is watching your every move”. Which isn’t creepy at all.
“As you can see from the trailer there’s a lot more to Sunshine Manor than your standard horror RPG,” says Fossil Games developer, Paul Dolby. “The team has added combat, multiple enemies, boss fights, puzzles and much more awaits you behind the doors of the mysterious Aitken Manor.”
Here’s a feature list:
Sunshine Manor Features:
– Discover and explore the ever-changing haunted Sunshine Manor.
– Transport yourself to the Demon Realm and banish hellish fiends!
– Beautiful hand-drawn 8-bit graphics.
– A deadly game of Cat & Mouse where the Demon can be anywhere.
– ’80s Soundtrack written specially for this game.
– A fantastic evil consumed story-driven narrative.
– Devious puzzles to tax your brain box.
– Lots of scares, spooky scenes and nods to iconic horror franchises.
What do you think? One to keep an eye on? Feel free to share your early thoughts on the game in the comments below.